When it comes to covering medical expenses throughout the year, it is best to plan ahead. Your dental care costs are no different. While traditional dental insurance can certainly minimize your out-of-pocket expenses for treatment, you may also take advantage of an in-office dental care plan like the one offered at Carolina Commons Dentistry. Regardless of which option you choose, there are some valued reasons to be proactive and invest in your family’s smile health upfront:
- Teeth are about more than a pretty smile.
- Working Americans lose an estimated 164 million hours each year because of dental disease or dental visits.
- Oral health is closely linked to overall health.
- Dental health impacts everyday functions such as speaking, chewing and swallowing.
- Prevention costs less than treatment.
- Dental insurance plans and in-office plans tend to emphasize prevention and early detection. People who have invested in dental benefits visit their dentists more often and can often avoid unexpected dental problems.
Which is Right for You?
Traditional dental insurance varies widely in terms of deductibles, co-pays and percentage of coverage. However, most dental insurance plans do cover two preventative visits per year at 100%. It is important to consider your family’s unique needs in terms of dental care. Do you have young kids who may need braces? Do you struggle with gum disease or anticipate needing a crown or other restorative treatment this year? Does your dentist accept the insurance carrier you are considering?
At Carolina Commons Dentistry, we realize that dental insurance costs are rising. Instead of having families go without any type of coverage or benefits at all, we have designed a unique in-house dental care plan as an alternative option to mitigate the expense of dental treatments. Our Healing Dental Plan offers several individual and family plans that can save you hundreds of dollars each year in preventative and general dentistry services. Our plans include x-rays, cleanings, emergency visits, oral cancer screenings and valued discounts on other dental treatments that your smile may need in the months ahead.
How will you invest in your family’s dental care this year? Call Carolina Commons Dentistry today to learn more about our dental insurance acceptance or Healing Dental Plan. We can help determine what option makes sense for you.
Posted on Behalf of Carolina Commons Dentistry